We talk a lot about tracking and recording calories at THQ.
This is mainly because we like how it makes the individual see what they actually consume daily/weekly!
Most people are surprised by how many calories they consume – even eating “healthily”!
It also allows you more flexibility, especially at weekends where you can consume a little extra for social events.
We recommend to track for a while, to understand the calorie content of food. Once aware, you can then eyeball the calories of your meals.
But what if you really don’t like the thought of tracking?
Firstly, once you get used to it – it takes no more than 10 minutes a day!
A recent survey found that the average person spends 2 hours 22 minutes on Facebook EACH DAY! I’m sure we can spare 10 minutes somewhere!
Never the less – there is another method you can do to still achieve the same results but you may have to be a little bit more disciplined!
Include the below habits;
- Make meals just Lean protein, vegetables & fruit on days you don’t train
- Only add starchy carbs (rice, potatoes, quinoa, noodles) on training days
- A salad or protein shake before each meal
- 1 snack a day
- Snacks should be no bigger than the palms of your hand
- Minimum 2 litres of water a day
These are the big habits that can make you change your body shape, feel satiated & energised.
Include as many as you can!
Catch you Friday