Although the world came to a complete halt in the spring of 2020.
Giving people the time to slow down for a short period & relax.
Stress is at an all-time high.
Anxiety about health, careers, businesses and mental wellness caused by Covid has triggered this rise.
But how does stress make me fat I hear you ask?
Stress releases a hormone called cortisol.
It’s our fight or flight protection hormone.
It’s not something you can get rid of, and the body needs it to function.
But constantly elevated cortisol levels can lead to;
- Increase of hunger cravings which lead to poor nutritional choices
- Energy crashes, which means your less likely to go exercising and instead go for a high calorie energy fix instead
- Become resistant to burning body fat, as your body is dealing with reducing cortisol
- Poor sleep, the wired but tired feeling before bed. Lack of sleep will lead to excess poor food choices the following day
- A slower metabolism as your thyroid is out of kilter
Essential everything that’s going to cause fat gain – will happen if you’re stressed.
You don’t now need to go researching about your cortisol levels.
But you should be focusing on reducing stress.
And by sleeping better you will reduce stress levels, which in turn, fixes the above issues.
I’ve recently made one little change to my evening routine.
That’s made a huge difference in making me feel calmer and sleep much better.
Camomile tea plus 5-10 glycine (an amino acid) and hour or two before wanting to sleep.
Then I have my usual ZMA (zinc and magnesium) 30 mins before bed.
All-natural minerals, vitamins and amino acids that create a better rested body upon waking.
A body that feels in control of food choices and ready to tackle the day.
So, if you’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed, stressed, anxious and not sleeping well?
No harm in giving it a go.
Let me know if it helps your sleep? And if it improves your body shape…..
Have a great week
It does make you have crazy deep dreams, not sure why this happens but it does!